BREAK THE STEREOTYPES
In our daily life, we are constantly faced with situations where we need to change something or do something new, but the fear of the unknown prevents us. Our inner voice convinces us that everything is ok or who knows how good it will be if we decide to change something about it. It is our internal boundaries that make us hold on to relationships that have long outlived themselves, unloved work or daily habits that grew strong to our daily routine. Each person builds their personal safety zone or comfort zone. This zone includes our usual attitudes, beliefs, patterns of behavior. It is our established world where everything is familiar, stable and predictable. There is no need to overcome obstacles, no need to make decisions, there is no fear or anxiety. The size of the zone is determined not by the limits of our capabilities, but by our own ideas about these limits.
WHEN DO WE LEAVE OUR COMFORT ZONE?
When we learn how to drive, travel to different countries, start a new job, make unusual decisions for ourselves or communicate with new people. Usually, we experience stress and discomfort because a stream of new problems is piling on our consciousness – Where to stand?, How best to approach this?, How to interest them? etc. Here’s a paradox – all the goals that you want to achieve – money, new acquaintances, opportunities, success are far beyond your comfort zone. If you are not able to go beyond this zone and expand it you will not be able to achieve anything. Moreover, without personal growth, we slowly start to degrade. After all, the world does not stand still and we either keep up with it or run behind active and determined representatives of our society. Regular exit from the comfort zone is the only way of self-development.
The instinct to be where it is safe and comfortable will always be present since in this state we rest and gain strength. But why do we need strength? – to constantly work on ourselves and overcome our weaknesses,
HOW TO LEAVE THE COMFORT ZONE
To begin with, you need to realize that in your current moment of life there has been a stagnation and you should break out of your regular habits in order to start developing something new. Determine what your personal comfort zone is. This may be your stable, but not very promising work or well-established but not satisfactory relationships. Admit to yourself – you are afraid of change and therefore you do nothing to change your life.
Begin to expand your comfort zone by changing little things:
- Change your daily routine. If you always have difficulty getting up in the morning, then begin to wake up even earlier, in order to devote 30 minutes to exercise
- If you spend your leisure time sitting at the computer begin to regularly walk to new interesting places where you have never been to get new impressions
- Experiment with your look and style of clothing or change your hair (shall I do pink again?)
- Buy unusual foods at the store
- Do not plan anything in advance, decide everything on the go
- Read a book, listen to music or watch a movie in an unusual genre for you – if you like jazz, listen to rock, if you like historical films, watch a drama, if you love poems, read memoirs
- Rearrange the furniture in your apartment or organize your closet differently (mix the colors)
- Meet new people – this is a very good way to expand your comfort zone
- Visit interesting courses. Learn unusual skills for yourself (playing the guitar, making rolls, extreme driving, diving, etc.)
- Do a photo shoot in the public place wearing a pink jumpsuit (just kidding, but honestly the photos for this blog post are totally outside of my comfort zone)
One important thing to remember is that you should expand your comfort zone gradually
- Do not jump far immediately
- Do not turn your life beyond recognition
- Enjoy the pleasure of freedom
If your lifestyle will become a constant exit from the comfort zone, you will turn into a completely different person, with a rich outlook and tremendous vital energy. I know easy to say hard to do, however, I am constantly trying to push myself to do something different. It is not simple but when I see the positive results, it gives me more motivation to continue.
Don’t stop until you are proud
You have no reason to stop
Watch me prove you wrong
Impossible is nothing
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
Be the change you wish to see in the world
PHOTOGRAPHER – ANNA ISK PHOTOGRAPHY
OUTFIT – ADIDAS ORIGINALS
SHOES – BRONX